In my younger days, I was lucky enough to be able to fly IRL in a few different aircraft amassing around 100 hours of flight time. I also used Microsoft flight simulator a lot.
When the IRL opportunities ended I picked up my Flight Sim usage considerably.
When Microsoft and Asobo released the latest version of Microsoft Flight Sim I was truly blown away with how good it played. It really brought back the love of flight simming that over the years had dwindled.
So now that I have been using it for a while I decided to set myself a challenge.
I’m flying across Canada…
I’ll be doing it in 21 legs, over a number of weeks in a Mooney M20R Ovation.
The Rules of the challenge are as follows:
- Each Leg will be flown from “Cold and Dark” parked at the starting airport and ended by parking at the destination and fully shutting down the aircraft.
- Using SkyDemon I will be following aviation rules including avoiding restricted airspace etc. Radio communication will be as full as possible within the limits of the sim.
- I may be joined by others during the flight, they will not be subject to the rules of the flight.
- If there is a CTD during a leg I will respawn based on where I was when the CTD occurred.
- The majority of the flight will be carried out from within the cockpit, however, for video and screenshot purposes, I am not restricting myself to that.
After each leg I will be posting a report of the leg and a summary to this site.
An overview of the map can be seen here along with details of all the post flight reports and other posts relating to this